Did you know that January 8th is National Bubble Bath day? I love a good bubble bath. It can be a relaxing way to unwind at the end of a long day. Wouldn’t you like for your dog to have the same experience? Here are 5 tips to help your pet enjoy “spa day” as much as you do.
1) Supplies: Keep yourself sane by gathering everything you need to properly clean your dog before you get your dog in the tub. That means shampoo, a bucket, cotton balls* (more on this later), and a few towels.
2) Temperature Check: While you might enjoy slowly roasting in a toasty bath, your dog would prefer something closer to room temperature.
3) Keep it Safe: Did you know placing a towel at the bottom of the tub or shower will keep your pet from slipping? This is because it will give them more traction than standing on slippery tiles. Make sure to wet it thoroughly before having your dog step on it.
4) Suds them up!: So where to start? Begin at the head and work your way back to the tail. If your dog is prone to ear infections or has pendulous ears, place cotton balls in their ears to help keep the water out. Pay special attention to the major areas prone to the most dirt like legs and belly.
5) Time for the fluff dry: This may take multiple towels if you have a large dog. If it’s cold out, you can also use a hair dryer (on it’s lowest setting) to speed up the process.
So now that you have your dog looking his best, it’s your turn! I hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy National Bubble Bath day!
My name is Jamie and I am the proud owner of Happy Pets NYC. I started this company in 2009 by doing all of the walks and pet sitting myself. After a year, I hired my first pet care provider. Now, over 10 years later, we employ a full team of dedicated providers who share my passion and love of animals.